With the US Household Income to be approximate $56,000 in 2015 according to The Census Bureau, it is hard to think that there are other jobs that can pay you big. Fortunately, according to CBS News, there are some jobs that actually pay more if you just have the flair for it.
Here are the top 9 actual jobs that may be odd to some but surely pay more than $100,000:
- Astronomers- They spends most of their time away from home and in front of their computers. With more or less 20,000 astronomers in the world, they earn a handsome amount of $96,000 to $139,000 per year.
- Air Traffic Controllers-They require training course in Federal Aviation Administration Academy and earn $122,000 per year.
- Petroleum Engineer- Bachelor’s Degree is needed to get an entry-job in this field. They earn $130,000 per year.
- Mathematician- “Quants” as they are called for being a Quantitative Analysts, they earn $100,000 to $500,000 including bonuses in Wall Street, per year.
- Podiatrist- A degree in an accredited Podiatric Medical College is needed for this profession. Their yearly pay is $116,000. If you have a foot fetish, you’ll really be enjoying this job.
- Hollywood Art Director- Their most challenging effort is to keep everything in the budget when it comes to the set or film design. The highest paid Hollywood Art Director gets $160,000 says Salary web.
- Prosthodontics- A dentist who specializes in dental implants such as dentures, bridge, and crowns. Their estimated annual earning is approximate to $170,000.
- Airline Pilot- Pilots in major airlines earn up to 135,000 per year while Commercial Pilots earn roughly $73,000.
- Oil and Gas Geoscientist- They are a valuable part of the oil and gas industries and are paid up to $137,000 per year.